Jim Rogers started trading the stock market with $600 in 1968.In 1973 he formed the Quantum Fund with the legendary investor George Soros before retiring, a multi millionaire at the age of 37. Rogers and Soros helped steer the fund to a miraculous 4,200% return over the 10 year span of the fund while the S&P 500 returned just 47%.

Monday, August 8, 2011

Jim Rogers : I am long commodities especially Gold and Agriculture

Legendary Investor Jim Rogers, CEO & Chairman of Rogers Holdings says he has been shorting emerging market, technology and large cap banking stocks. Jim Rogers : "...well I tell you where my money is invested , I am long commodities especially Gold and Agriculture , I am long currencies things like the Yen the Swiss Franc and the US Dollar , I am short emerging markets stocks I am short American technology stocks I am short a large American Bank and I am short the United States bond market which is not healthy " "I hardly ever trade , , say if there is panic I may have to cover my shorts if the market really collapses this week , you should nearly always buy into panic just like you should sell this area , I own Gold I am worried about Gold it is going up so much I am not selling it but it looks like it is setting itself up for a nice correction , I hope so then I can buy more " Jim Rogers started trading the stock market with $600 in 1968.In 1973 he formed the Quantum Fund with the legendary investor George Soros before retiring, a multi millionaire at the age of 37. Rogers and Soros helped steer the fund to a miraculous 4,200% return over the 10 year span of the fund while the S&P 500 returned just 47%.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jim Rogers "the 19th century was the century of the UK , the 20th century was the century of the US , the 21 st century is going to be the century of China "
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...